Painting Progress

Main Armies
Erik Morkai's Great Company: 1373/2688 points (51%)
The Army of Brewheim: 1395/3924 (35%)
Side Armies
The Risen Angels Chapter: 55/1000 points (0.06%)
The Descent of Angels: 200/1316 (15%)
Pwent's Bloodsworn Kinband: ?/750 (?% I need a rulebook . . .)
Back-logged Armies
72nd Strathmoran Shock Brigade: 2384/3550 (67%)
The Undivided Host: 327/2425 (13%)

Friday, February 5, 2010

Pwent's Boys--er--Dwarves

060104FEB10
I know they said we were getting a lot of snow, but dear God this is ridiculous.
On a somewhat more interesting topic, I finished painting my Lord of the Rings Dwarven Battle Company. There was something appealing about playing as the tanks of the LotR universe, thus my selection of the Dwarves. The painting for these guys was something of a rush job, an experiment to see how long it would take me to paint seven dwarves (you think GW picked that number on purpose?). In all it took about seven hours, including a dinner break and wash-drying time.

It's far from my best work--I am reserving that kind of effort for my Space Wolves--but for doing it that quick I am rather pleased with the results. Pwent (a name I shamelessly filched from RA Salvatore's books--good stuff, read 'em) is the company's Hero; he's the Dwarf Captain model, second from the right in the front row, having taken the place of one of the two-handed weapon wielding dwarves.
I've only gone through an instructional LotR game once at GW Sugarland, in which I was more than a little surprised at the survivability of hobbits; yeah, all but Frodo went down but the other three survived long enough for Aragorn to come in and wreck face on the remaining Ringwraiths. And I think Pippin took one of the Nazgul out himself, not bad for an annoying little snot. It was abominably fun, and I look forward to seeing these fellas go make a mess of things.
One a side note, I'm thinking it's time to rebuild my old Space Marines army. Those few of you who know me may recall they met a rather grizzly fate at the hands of Route 7 traffic. I've been wanting to rebuild them, not so much to play as them (freakin' everyone plays Space Marines), but because it was a shame to lose them. I've been putting it off for months, but that's not a good way to get things done, so mayhaps there will be more Marine nonsense popping up here at some point in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment