Painting Progress

Main Armies
Erik Morkai's Great Company: 1373/2688 points (51%)
The Army of Brewheim: 1395/3924 (35%)
Side Armies
The Risen Angels Chapter: 55/1000 points (0.06%)
The Descent of Angels: 200/1316 (15%)
Pwent's Bloodsworn Kinband: ?/750 (?% I need a rulebook . . .)
Back-logged Armies
72nd Strathmoran Shock Brigade: 2384/3550 (67%)
The Undivided Host: 327/2425 (13%)

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Brewheim Longswords march to war

231140FEB10
I find myself unable to conjure up any pithy and completely unrelated remarks for this post, so we'll just jump ahead to the point of this.
I've completed my first block of State Troops. These Swordsmen call themselves the Brewheim Longswords, and they have proven themselves to be quite effective fighters.


For anyone who's wondering, the bases for each individual models are made to represent flagstones, as though the army is marching through a city or some sort of ruins (some of my other models' bases lean more toward the latter due to the inclusion of things like vines and rocks). This is accomplished by cutting the stones' shapes into the bases before any gluing happens, then painting appropriately. It's very simple and looks pretty nice (no, I didn't come up with it; GW mentioned one of their employees who did it that way on their website a while back). And those are Reikland colours. 'Cause everyone keeps thinking I made their colour scheme up.

No comments:

Post a Comment