Painting Progress

Main Armies
Erik Morkai's Great Company: 1373/2688 points (51%)
The Army of Brewheim: 1395/3924 (35%)
Side Armies
The Risen Angels Chapter: 55/1000 points (0.06%)
The Descent of Angels: 200/1316 (15%)
Pwent's Bloodsworn Kinband: ?/750 (?% I need a rulebook . . .)
Back-logged Armies
72nd Strathmoran Shock Brigade: 2384/3550 (67%)
The Undivided Host: 327/2425 (13%)

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Ugh . . .

240252MAR10
Laxity on the blog updates is due to midterms. (Come to think of it, I can blame grad school for the all of the slowness of my posting.) They'll be done by tomorrow, but alas, I haven't any new pictures to post then. Instead, I give you a brief update on the state of things (just because I haven't in awhile):
I am finally caving in and getting one of those nifty sprayguns. Anyone who has seen any of my armies on the table knows I almost never field fully painted armies because I end up buying and building at a far greater rate than I paint (which I like to think manifests in the quality of my work, but I leave that to you, oh few readers, to judge). This thing ought to massively increase the rate at which I paint, particularly those grueling Space Wolves and the multitude of Empire State Troops (lest we discuss my future Imperial Guard rebuild).
I've finished collecting all 1,000 points of the Keepers. They'll be built for the big painting competition soon (except the vehicles, I'm leaving them partly assembled so I can try my hand at painting the interiors).
I have now played a few games of War of the Ring. I found Gimli to be absolutely disgusting; the diminutive fellow pretty much crushed an entire formation of Mordor orcs on his own (or rather his company did; Epic Rampage FTW!). It's definitely a great game, and abominably fun, but I find I actually like the skirmish game better. To me, it felt like WotR was trying to be a strange mix of LotR and Fantasy, and while that's not necessarily a bad thing . . . I don't know, I think I like both of those games better than WotR. (Just to be clear, WotR was an absolute delight, and I hope more people start playing it, but given a choice between it and any of the other game systems, and I'll probably take one of the other ones.)
Alas, it is back to the grind of studying for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment